Sunday, July 19, 2009

You are 16, going on...90.... =)

There are days I wish I could be as immortal with a pen and paper as Jane Austen, regardless of the life she led that created her stories. At any rate, I recently returned from a celebration of life that prompted some of her words to my mind:
"What a pleasant life might be had in this world
by a handsome, sensible old lady of good fortune,
blessed with a sound constitution and a firm will!"
As you're probably suspecting, yes, the life I celebrated is my grandmother's, who turned 90 this past weekend and is going amazingly strong. Indeed, her's is a life to be celebrated, especially when you look at the progeny she's produced. We're small compared to some families, but we love each other and there's never a short of laughter when her children get together. We all have our stories, which end up being a part of her's, and one can imagine how lengthy that can get with each year that goes by.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this picture. Never has then been a better picture that captures the true "love" that exists within the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol It's so true, ESPECIALLY when you consider Justen's W.A.T.K.I.N.S. acronym

    ReplyDelete