Thursday, April 30, 2009

The view through the lens

Interview questions from the JPG Magazine site - It was kind of fun, so I thought I'd post my responses (because I know all of you were just DYING to find out why I do what I do)

When and how do you start to create?
My road to creation begins meandering out into what's already been created. My ph
ilosophy regarding my artwork is to show people the fun, interesting and amazing things that I see!

Do you create as a professionnal or for your own?
I create for myself, but I have been hired out on the rare occasion, usually as a favor to a close friend.

How do you learn and work your skill?
Slowly and with time - I've never had the opportunity to take a formal course in photography, which is unfortunate for me because I don't have that base of formal training knowledge from whence to build upon. I've just kind of experimented with technical settings and hope things come out, primarily, and I sit at the feet of my friends who know more than I do to get advice and tips.

What do you like in this art?
It really caters to the senses


What are your favourite subject(s)?
Things that don't move, lol

What are you trying to share via your art?
Art has a special place in many cultures. Things can be communicated through art that are, otherwise, very difficult to convey and/or culture in another human being. Everyone reacts to art differently, but I look to create pieces that positively inspire others in their own way.

Who are artists that fascinate or give you inpsiration? (links)
Rene Magritte, Rodney Smith, Georgia O'Keefe, and Maynard Dixon give me inspiration, and there are too many others that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment