Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Requesting assistance

My local chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association is holding a silent auction in a few months to raise money for their scholarship fund and have sent out the letter requesting donations. I sent a cursory email, describing my hobby and asking if they'd be interested in a piece. They responded in the affirmative, and now I'm left with the task of deciding which piece(s) to have matted and framed. My mother was absolutely no help, I'm self-conscious and biased, so I'm turning to you, my critics for assistance.

I'm currently toying with three that seem to stick out in my mind, but I need your help weighting in on if what I'm thinking are globally plausible choices or if I should consider something else. I appreciate all comments you have to proffer (and I do mean all). Presently, I have:







...and...



If you'd like to see what the other options are, visit http://sportygirl4114.deviantart.com/gallery/

By the way, if any of you are interested in donating a piece to help future healers of the world, you're more than welcome. Just comment with an appropriate email address and I will send you the email address of the lady organizing the collections.

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. If I were going to buy one of the three pieces at auction, I think I would personally be inclined towards "Serenity". That said, I suspect the flag picture would be a stronger choice in general.

    Seems like a sufficiently noble cause that you might very well just do both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the leaves. those are the types of pictures i like to take, as well, so maybe i'm biased. thanks for sharing :) i love photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like The Road Past Orchard. so, if you ever wanted to exchange photos for Christmas or something... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, my favorite of your shots is Wonder Horse. But of these my favorite is Serenity. Justin however likes the flag the most and said that since the 4th is coming up it could probably go for a good bit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate-- I had no idea that you were such a great photographer!! I love all of them...I need some lessons.

    ReplyDelete