Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Struggle of Modesty

Modesty is a topic that I don't think is ever given the consideration it deserves. Honestly, when you think of modesty, I dare someone to please tell me their thoughts include MORE than just long-length clothing. As with most things, there's a spirit of the law in addition to the letter of the law, which I believe stems from love.

If you love yourself, you'll respect yourself. Respect for self doesn't involved wearing the least amount of fabric possible, yes, but moving past that, it takes in thought, word, and action. (And I'll ask you to think a little broader than the common defininition of "humble"). It sends a clarion call for a higher degree of propriety from the individual, to be exhibited by respect for self, others, and social decency.

This post will remain brief for the time being, but clothing is just the beginning, my friends. Like most things superficially simple, underneath extends a labyrinth of deeper considerations and effects. So ponder on that, and in the mean time, let me know your thoughts, both con as well as pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment