Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?

Hi...my name is Kate....and I'm attracted to older actors (or dead for that matter) from their younger years.   I don't know what it is.  I can't tell if it's the visual bravado, the fact that they're willing to go after the women they see and like, but I just love these actors in some of their respective character roles!

(This is likely due to watching too many classic movies over the past several years)

Marlon Brando in his 20s/30s, Rossano Brazzi, Paul Newman, Gene Kelly.  (Vincent Price wasn't too bad in his earlier years, either.)  Look at them!  Uhh, how can I not without becoming disenchanted in my perception of many of the single males I interact with on a daily basis?

It's true, I just need to keep realizing people were different then than they are now, and maybe I really am an old soul in a young body, but these new guys just don't quite seem to capture the "whole" of what I think the "male" role is nowadays.  True, today's contemporary thespian pool does have some winners in the likes of Denzel Washington, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, Alex Pettyfer, James Marsden, Matt Damon, Colin Firth (I'm sorry, but Mr. Darcy trumps everything), and so forth.

Hmm...

Too bad we couldn't combine the two lists....

3 comments:

  1. Amen sister! It's sad and true. I think that a lot of guys these days have softened. I think part may be because women have toughened up so they are more afraid of what we would be able ot do in return, but at the same time I think they justify their acts with this fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James8:55 PM

    Where are the Liz Taylors, Audrey Hepburns, Katherine Hepburns, Gracy Kelly's, and Bette Davis? Oh yeah, we have new ones.

    pretty arrogant to believe that women are tougher now than before. Those women worked in factories during WWII doing all kinds of jobs that women believe are beneath them now. Maybe both men and women were tougher then, hmmm? One kind of goes with the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James: I think Megan might have been referring to men in general? Or was being facetious.

    ReplyDelete